Re: Pitch learning

> A deep understanding of the musical creativity and artistic
> expression will come from appreciating the foreground.

I think your argument derives from a Schenkerian sense, which
nonetheless isn't the only way! to experience music, especially in
performance: I am talking about Western-art music here. I don't know
the ethnomusicology well enough to comment any further.

Ju-Lee

--
Ju-Lee Hong
PhD Student, Department of Music