Re: [AUDITORY] Class on "Human and Machine Hearing" book

This class, hosted by Macquarie University Hearing at the Australia Hearing Hub, is now complete, with 30 lecture videos on YouTube, which is cool because you can watch with 2X speedup if you want to:
(and the book details, including link to free PDF, are at https://www.machinehearing.org/)

Rom Bouveret of Macquarie Hearing wrote this generous announcement on LinkedIn (with emojis):

📢 Very pleased to announce the release of a free Lecture Series 📽 on Signal Processing for Hearing. This series of 30 lectures is based around Dick Lyon's wonderful text 📕 on hearing 👂 ‘Human and Machine Hearing: Extracting Meaning from Sound’ 🔊 👉 https://lnkd.in/gMmbArR8

Dick’s book provides a beautifully written description of the background and the physiological and engineering basis of Dick’s CARFAC model and is a must read for anyone interested in hearing science and listening assistive technologies in general.

Lectures are delivered by very impressive speakers 🗣 including Dick Lyon Simon Carlile Zachary Smith Abhinav Uppal Xuan Z. Michael Pate Pascal Getreuer Julius Smith Nima Salimi Vivek Kumar Xinhui Zhou Rob Schonberger Maryam Hosseini Alan Kan Honglin Yu Ronny Kurniawan Ibrahim Jason Mikiel-Hunter Tim Brochier Jessica Monaghan Sridhar Kalluri Ganesh Sivaraman Julian Maclaren William Martens Tom Denton Joerg Buchholz Brent Edwards David McAlpine GAICD 🙏 👏

Dick opens and hosts the Q&A for each lecture 🥇 🙏

Dick's book is available 👉 https://lnkd.in/g_PgQSxg

This lecture series is a project of the hashtagAustralianFutureHearingInitiative led by Macquarie University Macquarie University Hearing Google Cochlear National Acoustic Laboratories NextSense Hearing Australia and The Shepherd Centre and supported by the Australian Hearing Hub