[AUDITORY] Audio & Music Technology Lectureship (Teaching and Scholarship) - University of York

Hello all and apologies for cross posting
Please see below for another vacancy at our lab at the University of York
Kind regards
Gavin

******

https://jobs.york.ac.uk/vacancy/lecturer-teaching-scholarship-540927.html

Lecturer (Teaching & Scholarship)
DepartmentSchool of Physics, Engineering and Technology
Salary: £44,263 - £54,395 per year

Apply by: 28/11/2023
Job Reference: 12772

Role Description

The School of Physics, Engineering and Technology at the University of York are seeking to appoint an outstanding academic to teach on our Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate programmes in the areas of Audio and Music Technology.

We are seeking candidates with expertise complementary or additional to our existing teaching portfolio. Aligned topics include: Audio for XR applications (e.g. VR/AR, game audio, Metaverse); Machine learning for audio/acoustics; real-time interactive audio system design; high performance computing and audio; numerical acoustic simulation; perception of sound reproduction systems; environmental soundscape; immersive sound for virtual production workflows;  audio systems informed from neuroscience and psychology research.

It is expected that post holders will have evidence of a strong track record of teaching in audio with areas of expertise that will make a significant contribution to teaching and scholarship in the school.

Following recent, significant investments in Engineering at the University of York, together with significant research grant success from both AHRC and EPSRC in this area, this is an exciting time to join the AudioLab.

Skills, Experience & Qualifications needed
You will have:

- A PhD in Audio/Acoustic Engineering, Computer Science or Music/Creative Technologies, or equivalent experience
- Appropriate academic professional and teaching qualification or a willingness to complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice
-   Experience in teaching and learning in HE at undergraduate or postgraduate level or in an evidenced similar context
-   Extensive knowledge in audio systems to design & develop teaching programmes and the provision of learning support across different levels of academic activity
-   Knowledge of a range of teaching techniques to enthuse and engage students
-   Experience of wider practical work in the fields of audio and Music/Creative technologies
-   Highly developed communication skills to engage effectively with a wide ranging audience, both orally and in writing, using a range of media

For informal enquiries: please contact Prof. Gavin Kearney (gavin.kearney@xxxxxxxxxx) or Prof. Helena Daffern (helena.daffern@xxxxxxxxxx

--
Gavin Kearney
Professor of Audio Engineering