[AUDITORY] Seeking Participants for Auditory Study!

Hi Auditory List,

I am currently recruiting participants for a study I'm working on at UNLV. If you're interested in participating, please read the information below!

Advertisement for Community Members
Title: Online Studies of Music Perception and Emotion
The purpose of this research study is to examine the extent to which perceptual music skills and self-ratings of emotional reactions to sounds contribute to how we listen and enjoy music. The study is open to those that are 18 years of age or older. We invite all participants that meet these criteria; however, participants must have a firm grasp of the English language as they will be answering questions presented to them in English. Additional exclusionary criteria include: (1) cognitive or brain deficits due to past traumatic brain injury; (2) neurological disorder or disease (e.g., schizophrenia); (3) inability to provide informed consent; (4) uncorrected visual impairment; and (5) history of hearing impairment.

In this research study, you will be asked to do the following:
1. Answer a series of background question, including some medical questions
2. Complete tasks assessing musical skills and general auditory processing
3. Answer a series of questions about your emotional reactions to sounds
4. Listen and rate music

The entire testing session will last up to 1.5 hours. For your participation in this research, you will receive $10/hour.

If you have any questions regarding your participation in this study, please contact the following individuals: Samantha O’Connell (oconns2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or the Principal Investigator, Dr. Joel Snyder at joel.snyder@xxxxxxxx.

Study link: https://unlv.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8B208FTcrCIM7HL

Thank you in advance!

UNLV Logo

Grace Wilson

Pronouns: she/they (know more)

Graduate Student & Research Assistant

Department of Psychology

University of Nevada, Las Vegas

wilsog4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory

Simmons University, Class of 2020

B.S. Neuroscience & Behavior/Music History

Top 3 percent nationally in research activity.