(with apologies for cross-posting)
The Fifth Biennial International Conference on Mathematics and Computation in Music (MCM2015) will be held 22-25 June 2015 at Queen Mary University of London in the United Kingdom. MCM is the flagship conference of the Society for Mathematics and Computation in Music, whose official publication is the Journal of Mathematics and Music.
Submission deadline: Friday 9 January 2015.
Author notification on acceptance: 6 March 2015
Submission of camera-ready versions: 22 March 2015.
Conference: 22-25 June 2015
There will be no extension to the paper submission deadline on January 9th. However, authors of registered papers on January 9th will be allowed to upload new versions of their pdf-papers until January 16th. No other changes will be possible (i.e. no change of title, abstract, authors, keywords/topics, or other metadata). No submission of new papers will be possible after January 9th.
We welcome submissions on any topic relating to mathematics and/or computation and music, including (but not limited to):
* Mathematical and computational models of and/or approaches to
- musicology, music theory and analysis, composition
- musical performance and improvisation
- the perception and cognition of any aspect of musical structure
- music and emotion
- musical learning and education
- musical interaction and gestures
* Logical, philosophical and methodological aspects of mathematics and computation in music
* The history of mathematics and computation in music
* Applications of mathematical music theory and computational tools for musicians, musicologists and others who work with music
We invite submissions of the following types:
* Long papers (10-12 pages in the Springer LNCS style) to be presented orally
* Short papers (4-6 pages in the Springer LNCS style) to be presented as posters
* Panel discussions
* Workshops and tutorials
For detailed guidelines on all submission types please go to http://mcm2015.qmul.ac.uk/
We look forward to seeing you in London!
MCM 2015 General Chairs:
Oscar Bandtlow, Queen Mary University of London
Elaine Chew, Queen Mary University of London
MCM 2015 Programme Chairs:
David Meredith, Aalborg University
Anja Volk, Utrecht University