Re: Computational ASA -- how many sources can humans perceive?

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Pawel Kusmierek wrote:

> > How much does this ability depend on training and/or
> > talent? Is anyone able to learn it? Are there any data on this?
> >

> Here is some eveidence from an amateur music-lover. Once I bought [...]
> I started to be able to follow more sources (melodic lines) than

Well, I mean "statistical" evidence, probably from those who teach music.
How this ability is distributed accross the population, is it dependent on
age or gender, are there "hopeless" students who are simply not able
to learn it, etc.

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *