Reminder: CRAC workshop on Consistent & Reliable Acoustic Cues

REMINDER: CRAC Workshop on Consistent & Reliable Acoustic Cues
          Aalborg, Sunday Sep 2nd 2001, immediately before Eurospeech.
          http://www.ee.columbia.edu/crac/

* What's it about?

  The CRAC workshop on Consistent and Reliable Acoustic Cues for Sound
  Analysis will bring together researchers in
   - Sound organization and computational auditory scene analysis
   - Robust speech recognition and missing data techniques
   - Other aspects of human and computer perception of real-world audio

* What will it be like?

  Participation will be limited to about 40 attendees to foster a true
  workshop atmosphere.  There will be lecture, poster and discussion
  sessions in the morning and afternoon of the one-day workshop.

* How can I participate?

  Submit a 500 word abstract by April 30th 2001 to:
    crac-abstract@ee.columbia.edu

* How do I decide between submitting my work to Eurospeech or to CRAC?

  - CRAC will be a focussed forum dealing with emerging techniques in
    sound analysis.  This will allow a different emphasis in your
    paper, and a higher level of discussion at the workshop.
  - We will be editing a special issue of Speech Communication
    containing expanded versions of papers from this workshop.
  - The papers submitted to the workshop will be made permanently
    available via the internet on the conference web site.
  - The deadline for a 500 word abstract is April 30th, and the
    full 4-page papers don't have to be finished until July 31st.

* Where can I get more information?

  Visit the CRAC web site, http://www.ee.columbia.edu/crac/