[AUDITORY] Call for abstracts for this year’s Virtual Conference on Computational Audiology, VCCA2024

Dear Auditory List members,

We are pleased to launch our call for abstracts for this year’s Virtual Conference on Computational Audiology, VCCA2024, which is scheduled to take place on the 20th and 21st June.

Abstracts for all invited and contributed presentations must be received no later than Wednesday 1st May. All abstracts will be submitted via the website. We will be using the Microsoft CMT system as in previous years.

Topics for VCCA2024

  • Modelling hearing and hearing loss
  • Field-related measurement and validation, e.g., teleaudiology or remote care
  • Cognitive and neuro-audiology
  • Cochlear, brainstem and vestibular implants and post-implant rehabilitation
  • Speech enhancement for hearing aid wearers, speech source separation and enhancement
  • Digital tools and big data in hearing care
  • Accessibility and inclusive design in hearing and audiology
  • Translating academic research results into clinical practice
  • Over the counter devices (OTCs) and hearables
  • Other novel research related to AI and hearing
  • Other research concerning the clinical impact of the changing landscape of Audiology

Important dates

  • Wednesday 1st May, abstract deadline
  • Tuesday 14th May, decisions communicated (acceptance/rejection)
  • Thursday 6th June, deadline for submission of video recordings and slides
  • Thursday 20th and Friday 21st June, conference

Target audience

  • Hearing, Audiology, AI, and Computational researchers all over the world
  • People working on speech and communication and/or assistive technology
  • Young scientists are especially encouraged to take part
  • No participation fee
  • Several time zones

For more information about VCCA2024, please refer to the dedicated section of our website. Please feel free to forward this announcement to any of your colleagues who might be interested in attending VCCA2024 but might not have received this announcement.

We look forward to receiving your submission.

The VCCA2024 organising committee

Simone Graetzer and Trevor Cox (University of Salford, UK), Jan-Willem Wasmann (Radboud University Medical Center, Netherlands), Jon Barker (University of Sheffield, UK).

--

Simone Graetzer Ph.D., M.I.O.A.

Senior Research Fellow, Acoustics Research Centre, University of Salford

Chair of the Early Career Executive Board, UK Acoustics Network Plus (acoustics.ac.uk)