[AUDITORY] ICAD 2024: Call for Submissions

************************

Dear ICAD Community,

We would like to invite your submissions to the ICAD 2024.

This year's conference will be held June 24-28, 2024. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY, will host the event at our Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center (EMPAC).

We look forward to getting together very soon!

Jonas Braasch

Associate Director of Research, EMPAC

Professor, School of Architecture

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Conference Co-chair

Samuel Chabot

Research Engineer, EMPAC

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Conference Co-chair

chairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

************************

Call for Papers, Extended Abstracts, Workshops/Tutorials, and Music/Installations

LOCATION AND DATE

24-28 June, 2024

EMPAC at Rensselaer

Troy, NY, USA,

THEME

"Sonification // Spatialization"

This year's theme is Sonification // Spatialization, a blending of ICAD's expertise in sonification with EMPAC's expertise in spatialized audio. Spatialization offers sonification additional dimensions for conveying information. EMPAC's state-of-the-art spatial audio systems include a 512-channel wave field synthesis array with the highest spatial aliasing frequency in the world and multiple permanently installed fourth-order ambisonic arrays. The conference will host a special session on spatialization in sonification as well as demonstrations of some of EMPAC's systems and capabilities over the course of the week.

SUBMISSION DEADLINES

Full Papers (6 to 8 pages):

March 8

Extended Abstracts (2 to 4 pages):

March 22

Workshops / Tutorials / Demos:

March 22

Live Performances / Installations:

March 22

Doctoral Consortium / ThinkTank:

March 22

For details on topics of interest, proposal format, submission instructions, and additional conference information, please visit the conference website: icad2024.icad.org.

COMMITTEES

Papers:

Tim Ziemer & Prithvi Kantan

papers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posters & Extended Abstracts:

Myounghoon Jeon "Philart"

posters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Concert: Robert Whalen

concert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Workshops & Tutorials: Derek Brock

workshops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Installations & Demos: Samuel Chabot

installations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Student ThinkTank:

Areti Andreopoulou & Niklas Rönnberg

thinktank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Special Session on Spatial Audio:

Jonas Braasch & Samuel Chabot

spatialaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steering Chair: Matti Gröhn

Sustainability Advisor: Thomas Hermann

sustainability@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

About ICAD:

First held in 1992, ICAD is a highly interdisciplinary conference with relevance to researchers, practitioners, artists, and graduate students working with sound to convey and explore information. The conference is unique in its specific focus on auditory displays and the range of interdisciplinary issues related to their use. Like its predecessors, ICAD 2024 will be a single-track conference, open to all, with no membership or affiliation requirements.