[AUDITORY] Lab manager position at Vanderbilt

Hello Auditory List,
Posting this on behalf of Aaron Moberly, MD and Terrin Tamati, PhD.

We are seeking a full-time Lab Manager (Clinical Scientist Assistant I) for the Cochlear Implant Cognition and Communication Lab at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. This individual will support our laboratory for NIH R01 and R21 funded studies focused on cochlear implant-related studies in adults. The multi-disciplinary Cochlear Implant Cognition and Communication Lab is co-directed by Aaron Moberly, MD, and Terrin Tamati, PhD, and is focused on optimizing speech recognition and quality of life outcomes among adults with cochlear implants.
- Current research includes two parallel longitudinal studies that investigate the auditory, cognitive, and linguistic factors that predict cochlear implant outcomes in adults over the first two years after implantation, and the relationships of auditory and social experiences to these outcomes.
- The primary roles of the full-time Lab Manager will be to partner with the Principal Investigators for oversight of the process of structured protocol development, participant recruitment and scheduling; training of research assistants; oversight of the collection, scoring, and management of participant data (including maintenance of RedCap database); writing of abstracts and manuscripts related to these projects; support with writing grant proposals; support with administrative tasks like Institutional Review Board submissions.
- Ideally (but not required) the applicant would have some experience with behavioral testing of human participants, along with experience with computer programming in MatLab to troubleshoot experimental tasks, and prior experience using RedCap. Preferred (but not required) background in Hearing and Speech Sciences, Audiology, Psychology, Linguistics, or related fields. Ideally (but not required) the applicant should have a PhD or AuD degree.

Or feel free to contact Aaron Moberly (Aaron.C.Moberly@xxxxxxxx) or Terrin Tamati (Terrin.Tamati@xxxxxxxx).

Aaron Moberly

Jonathan D Neukam, AuD CNIM, CCC-A
Research Audiologist
Implantables, Hearing Enhancement & Amplifiction Research (I HEAR) Lab
Cognition and Communication Lab
Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Nashville, TN 37232