[AUDITORY] New Auditory Model Web App: Hearing-Loss Visualizer

Dear Colleagues,
      We have added a new web app to the University of Rochester "URHear" collection at
https://urhear.urmc.rochester.edu/webapps/home/ .  The new Hearing-Loss Visualizer app illustrates population responses of auditory-nerve fibers and midbrain neurons for ears with hearing loss. Different amounts or types of sensorineural hearing loss can be selected from a set of 'standard' audiogram shapes, or an audiogram can be entered by the user. Several interesting example sounds or comparisons are available as stimuli (many nice examples were provided by Matt Winn). Alternatively, a (brief) audio file can be uploaded as a stimulus.
     We hope that this web app will be useful for Hearing Science Students and Faculty, or for researchers interested in the effects of hearing loss on subcortical physiological responses.

Laurel Carney

Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Electrical & Computer Engineering

University of Rochester

Douglas Schwarz

Programmer
Carney Lab, University of Rochester