Re: [AUDITORY] Number of critical bands in human hearing?

And what text is that? Just to know what to avoid in the future :)
But if you said that you needed at least 24 to cover the frequency scale up to 20kHz, that would sound much better... (but I am afraid this an engineering approximation, and has nothing to do with human hearing)

The text that we use says that there are 24.

David Jackson Morris, PhD, LTCL

Associate Professor/Lektor

University of Copenhagen/Københavns Universitet

Speech Pathology and Audiology/Audiologopædi

Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics/Institut for Nordiske
Studier og Sprogvidenskab

Emil Holms Kanal 2

2300 Copenhagen S/København S

Department Homepage [1]