Re: [AUDITORY] Number of critical bands in human hearing?

Opps Tothl,

I should have written that I completely agree with you.

I like the ERBs : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivalent_rectangular_bandwidth

One is imperial and the other is metric !

Considering that there are physiologically tens of thousands of cochlear segments with hair cells in them, we could potentially break up hearing into arbitrarily many (up to tens of thousands) of "filters".

Matt