[AUDITORY] Webinar and Q&A: Challenges to improving music for those with a hearing loss

Cadenza is running signal processing/machine learning challenges to improving music for those with a hearing loss. The first task is about listening over headphones, and is set up as a demix/remix challenge. The second task is listening in the car, and is a bit like near-end speech enhancement but for music. Entrants will be evaluated both by objective metrics and a panel of listeners with hearing loss.

With 430 million people having a significance hearing loss, improving music reproduction will help quality of life for lots of people.

If you're interested, we have a webinar and Q&A to outline the current open tasks, go through the data we're providing and the baseline software, and to answers Qs to help people tackle the problems.

Tue, 23 May 2023 12 -14 BST. Sign up: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cadenza-challenge-1-webinar-and-qa-tickets-636157112047

We’ll record for those who can’t make it and post on https://cadenzachallenge.org/

Trevor

Prof @trevor_cox

Acoustical Engineering, University of Salford

+44 161 295 5474; +44 7986 557419