[AUDITORY] ISMIR 2022: Reminder - New-to-ISMIR paper mentoring program (Deadline: Extended to Feb 28, 2022)

****Apologies for cross posting****
Dear all,

The annual conference of the International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR) is the world’s leading research forum on processing, analyzing, searching, organizing and accessing music-related data. The 23rd ISMIR conference will be held in Bengaluru, India in a hybrid mode.

What is the New-to-ISMIR paper mentoring program ?

The New-to-ISMIR paper mentoring program is designed for members new to the ISMIR conference (early stage researchers in MIR or researchers from allied fields who wish to consider submitting their work to an ISMIR conference) to share their advanced-stage work-in-progress ISMIR paper drafts with senior members of the ISMIR community (mentors) to obtain focused reviews and constructive feedback. The program supplements the generic submission guidelines. The program is being run as a pilot in 2022, closely aligned with the ISMIR 2022 paper submissions deadlines.

The topics of the mentored papers are expected to be in alignment with those of ISMIR conferences. We strongly encourage the mentored papers to be revised based on the feedback and submit to the upcoming ISMIR 2022 conference. All papers submitted to ISMIR 2022, whether mentored or not, will go through the regular scientific review process without any exceptions.

We invite applications to the New-to-ISMIR paper mentoring program. If you are interested and eligible, please apply to the program by Feb 28, 2022 using the form: https://forms.gle/aLuFtxg6Fe8KatEL8 (please fill in one form for each paper).

Additional details about the program, topics, eligibility, expectations, timeline and FAQ are available at: https://ismir2022.ismir.net/diversity/mentoring

Please write to us at ismir2022-diversity@xxxxxxxxx if you have any questions.

We request you to please disseminate this information widely within your communities.

Best Regards,

Xiao Hu and Ranjani H G

ISMIR 2022 D&I Chairs