Re: [AUDITORY] [EXTERNAL] Re: [AUDITORY] USB knob / button for Windows 10 computer

I made an interactive demo a few years ago that needed just such a controller--a knob and a few buttons. I ended up making my own using a Teensy 2.0 development board. It can tell the computer it is a generic USB joystick (so, operating system independent), the physical buttons can correspond to joystick buttons, and the dial potentiometer can be connected to an analog in on the board and be set up to send an analog control signal as one of the joystick axes. A bit of work but works well and fairly future proof.

--
Ross Maddox
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Neuroscience

Office: 2-B203B Medical Center Annex (map)
Phone: 585-275-1835