[AUDITORY] USB knob / button for Windows 10 computer

We are creating our own high-frequency audiogram and tinnitus pitch matching code in MatLab to use with a TDT RZ-6 processor in human subjects. The RZ-6 also will be used to record evoked potential data from human subjects, so we chose to use that system for both applications. We need a button for the subject to push for the Von Bekesy tracker style audiogram and a knob to turn to change the frequency of tone pips that may match the frequency of tinnitus.

It seems that a USB knob and button might be ideal ways to input the subject response into the computer in lieu of using an analog voltage system and A/D on the RZ-6.  Any suggestions for USB devices that will work with Windows 10? That might be something to replace the Griffin Powermate. Has anyone used keyboard remapping with a game controller or other knob/buttons for such an application?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Douglas L. Oliver, PhD

Professor and Vice-Chair

Department of Neuroscience