[AUDITORY] MMSP 2020 - 3rd CfP - Virtually in Tampere, Finland - Final extension to submission deadlines

Dear list members [Apologies for cross-posting],

On behalf of the Organizing Committee, I would like to invite submissions to IEEE 22nd International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP). The workshop will be held on September 21-23, 2020 as a fully virtual conference, instead of a physical event in Tampere, Finland. The original dates and schedule of the conference are unchanged, and normal conference registration will still be required for all attendees and speakers. We consider the current circumstances as an opportunity to innovate an engaging virtual conference that will be rewarding for both presenters and attendees.

Prospective authors are invited to submit regular and special session papers (full length, 4-6 pages) and demo papers (1 page). Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.

Papers are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:

·       Image / video compression
·       Image / video restoration and processing
·       Machine listening for analysis of acoustic scenes
·       Speech / music / audio processing
·       Sound source localization and separation
·       Multimedia communications and networking
·       Multimedia quality assessment
·       Internet of Things (IoT)-based multimedia systems and applications
·       Multimedia hardware design
·       Multimedia databases and digital libraries
·       Multimedia security and forensics
·       Multimedia interaction
·       Multimedia big data analytics
·       Deep learning for multimedia
·       Multimedia processing for tele-medicine and health care
·       Augmented, mixed and virtual reality
·       Multimedia systems for emerging applications

Important dates:

·       14 June 2020 - Regular paper submission (4-6 pages). This deadline is final and no further extensions will be granted.
·       27 July 2020 - Notification of paper acceptance
·       16 August 2020 - Camera-ready paper submission
·       23 August 2020 - Demo paper submission (1 page)
·       21–23 September 2020 - MMSP 2020 virtually in Tampere, Finland

Keynote Speakers

· Ivan Tashev, "Capture, Representation, and Rendering of 3D Audio", Partner Software Architect, Microsoft Research USA.
· Hong Hua, "Progresses, challenges, and opportunities of head-mounted light field displays for Mixed Reality", Professor of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona.
· Thrasos Pappas, "Perceptual Texture Analysis for Multimedia Processing", Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northwestern University.

Registration

Conference registration will be required for all attendees and presenters. We strive to bring the cutting-edge scientific contributions of our authors to the widest possible audience of researchers around the globe. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) is offering MMSP attendance as complimentary to any attendees who are not covering a paper. A paid registration will be required for accepted papers to cover the expenses of hosting the virtual conference and publishing the conference proceedings. We hope that this offering reaches new members of our community and creates engaging discussions within the virtual conference platform.

General chairs

· Atanas Gotchev, Tampere University, Finland
· Dong Tian, InterDigital, USA

More Information

Please visit http://mmsp2020.org/

See you virtually in September 2020!