[AUDITORY] Postdoc position available - computational modeling and real-time fMRI neurofeedback of language

With the launch of a new ‘NCCR Evolving Language’ (http://www.snf.ch/SiteCollectionDocuments/nfs/Faktenblatt_NCCR_evolvinglanguage_en.pdf), which involves nearly 40 different research groups from a large variety of disciplines across Switzerland, we seek to fill a Postdoc position for a four-year project starting in September 2020, or at the selected candidate’s earliest convenience.

Our goal is to make progress in understanding the importance of prosody in language processing. To this end, we plan to carry out a set of studies involving both computational modeling of fMRI data and real-time fMRI neurofeedback to understand the mechanisms whereby prosody and rhythm support linguistic processing per se. The computational modeling work will be an extension of our recent work on the neural encoding of acoustic information in speech sounds (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31285622).

The research will be done in the group of Narly Golestani (www.brainandlanguagelab.org) in Geneva, in collaboration with researchers in Switzerland and abroad (Elia Formisano in Maastricht, and Frank Scharnowski in Vienna).

Applicants should hold a degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computational Neuroscience, or a related field, and should have solid experience in human brain imaging, and ideally also in computational modelling (i.e. encoding / decoding) of fMRI data, real-time fMRI based neurofeedback, machine learning, statistics and programming.

The NCCR places great emphasis on gender diversity and we particularly encourage women to apply.

To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, names and contact information of 2-3 references as well as any other relevant documents to Narly.Golestani@xxxxxxxx. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Deadline for application: June 20th 2020

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brain and Language Lab

Prof. Narly GOLESTANI

Department of Psychology