[AUDITORY] Upcoming IHCON 2020 deadlines

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We hope you are all staying safe and finding ways to manage the many challenges brought on by the current COVID-19 international public-health emergency.

As we monitor the situation and continue to hope for the best, we are currently still planning to hold this year's International Hearing Aid Research Conference (IHCON 2020) on August 15–19, 2020, in Lake Tahoe, California.

The purpose of this conference is to advance knowledge and facilitate progress in hearing-aid research and development through the exchange of current research findings and technical advances related to the treatment of hearing impairment with hearing aids and other technologies. The organization of IHCON 2020, as with the previous IHCON meetings, will emphasize the international and multidisciplinary nature of the field and the rapid pace of developments occurring throughout the world. Both invited and contributed presentations will address topics relevant to hearing-aid research.

New to this year's conference, we will be introducing the International Hearing Aid Seminar (IHAS), to be held immediately prior to IHCON, in order to foster research by junior investigators (e.g., advanced graduate students, postdocs, and junior scientists) in industry and academia.

We are aiming to start conference registration and accepting submissions by April 15. The deadline for submitting abstracts to IHCON and IHAS is May 11th.

Please refer to the IHCON website (https://ihcon.org) for updates and additional details about the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you at IHCON 2020!

Best wishes and take good care,

Sunil Puria, Ph.D.

Chair, IHCON 2020

Mass. Eye and Ear Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed in the message above. This communication may contain sensitive or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error and the email contains patient information, please contact the Mass. Eye and Ear Compliance Line at (800) 856-1983. If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail.