[AUDITORY] [for Auditory mailing list] Future Directions of Music Cognitions Postponed due to COVID-19

Dear Future Directions Participants,

We are writing to provide an update on the current situation with COVID-19. The health and wellbeing of our community is our primary concern, and we have been monitoring the situation, attempting to figure out how best to plan for a conference in May. Most conferences have been canceling through the end of this semester, so it has been unclear what that would mean for a conference held outside of the semester. Unfortunately, we will be postponing Future Directions of Music Cognition until further notice. This is because of a number of factors, including the advice of our funding agency, the closure of the university campus, and the travel restrictions of many (if not most) conference attendees.

At this moment, we are working on rescheduling the conference for some time in August, but this will require a number of adjustments that have yet to be made, including the reconfirmation of speakers and the securing of the venue. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We will be happy to work with you in any way necessary.

Many thanks and all the best,

Lindsey Reymore

Lindsay Warrenburg

Josh Albrecht