[AUDITORY] Symposium for Cognitive Auditory Neuroscience (SCAN), July 30-31, 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We are writing to invite you to the Symposium for Cognitive Auditory Neuroscience (SCAN), July 30-31, 2020. SCAN 2020 will kick off at 2pm on Thursday, July 30 and run through afternoon Friday, July 31.

We have an exciting line-up of invited speakers, a poster session happy hour, a Blue Sky luncheon in which participants tackle next-generation issues in the field, and an industry panel. For those who are able to stay, there will be a live storytelling event in the style of The Moth StorySLAM hosted by comedian Alan Olifson on Friday evening.

We know these are uncertain times. We hope for a healthy July in which we can gather to discuss our science. At the same time, we are closely monitoring developments around COVID-19 and are working to make SCAN 2020 as accessible was possible through teleconferencing.

In hopes that you can register for SCAN 2020 with optimism, cancellations as a result of WHO/CDC travel restrictions or recommendations will receive a full refund of the registration fee.

For more information on SCAN 2020 and to register, please point your browser here: https://events.mcs.cmu.edu/scan2020/

Please circulate and share this message with colleagues and trainees who may be interested.

With best regards,

Lori L. Holt
Barbara Shinn-Cunningham
Bharath Chandrasekaran

loriholt
Professor, Department of Psychology | Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition
Carnegie Mellon University