[AUDITORY] Undergraduate summer research opportunity at the University of Utah

Summer Research Opportunity for an Undergraduate Student: Auditory Perception and Physiology Laboratory at the University of Utah

The Auditory Perception and Physiology Laboratory (PI: Skyler Jennings) is looking for a motivated undergraduate student to complete a 10-week research rotation during the summer of 2020 through the University of Utah Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR, https://our.utah.edu/spur/). The research rotation will center on understanding the role of peripheral gain control mechanisms (i.e., middle ear muscle reflex, medial olivocochlear reflex, neural adaptation) on hearing in noisy backgrounds for listeners with normal and impaired hearing using perceptual, electrophysiological, and computational modeling techniques. A description of the project is here: https://our.utah.edu/spur/2020-projects/jennings/

SPUR provides students with:

·        A 10-week research experience

·        $5000 stipend

·        On-campus housing

·        Travel reimbursement

Undergraduate students interested in this opportunity should contact Skyler Jennings (skyler.jennings@xxxxxxxxxxxx). Application instructions are provided here: https://ugs.formstack.com/forms/spur_student_2020

--

Skyler G. Jennings, Ph.D., Au.D. CCC-A

Associate Professor

Ph.D. Program Director

Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders

College of Health University of Utah

390 South 1530 East

Suite 1201 BEHS

Salt Lake City, UT 84112