[AUDITORY] PhD student openings, U Memphis CSD

PhD Program Recruitment

We are recruiting PhD students for our 11 research labs. Our faculty support and implement highly interactive PhD training, involving close mentorship and student collaboration with faculty both within and outside of the School. Collaboration fosters networking, research productivity and diverse methodological training. Consistent with the school’s mission statement, our faculty place priority on PhD training for post-doctoral study and/or academic positions with significant potential impact in the field of Communication Sciences and Disorders.

We offer three PhD concentrations: Hearing Sciences and Disorders; Speech-Language Sciences and Disorders; and Neuroscience.

For inquiries into the Memphis CSD PhD program, contact:

Gavin Bidelman, PhD [gmbdlman@xxxxxxxxxxx]

Learn more about our 11 Research Labs in our

Research Brochure

Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory (PI: Gavin Bidelman)

Auditory Processing Disorders Laboratory (PI: Deborah Moncrieff)

Cochlear Implant Research Laboratory (PI: Sarah Warren)

Hearing Aid Research Laboratory (PI: Jani Johnson)

Speech Perception Assessment Laboratory (PI: Lisa Lucks Mendel)

Social Interaction Laboratory (PI: Eugene Buder)

Adult Neurogenic Communication Disorders Lab (PI: Lynda Feenaughty;)

Cognition, Language, and Speech Laboratory (PI: Naomi Eichorn;)

Infant Vocalization Laboratory (PI: D. Kimbrough Oller)

Voice, Emotion, and Cognition Lab (PI: Miriam van Mersbergen)

Language Acquisition and Bilingualism Lab (PI: Linda Jarmulowicz)

Full tuition and stipends are available for meritorious applicants, apply here

Dual Clinical/Academic Degree Path Available

Students in the PhD program are not required to have or to pursue clinical certification.

However, we offer dual degrees leading to the combined MA-PhD and AuD-PhD if a student wishes to pursue clinical training.

University of Memphis | Communication Sciences and Disorders4055 N. Park LoopMemphis, TN 38152

Gavin M. Bidelman, PhD
Associate Professor

The University of Memphis

Institute for Intelligent Systems