[AUDITORY] BAIS now on-line

Dear List:

I am pleased to announce that an on-line version of the Bucknell Auditory Imagery Scale is now on-line, at this link

http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~ahalpern/BAIS/public/

There are two subscales, for Vividness and Control, and has been validated both in the original sample and in subsequent papers. There are 14 items in each subscale and takes only about 10  minutes to fill out.  Each subscale has items probing verbal, environmental, and musical sounds.

Users may fill out the BAIS online and download their results upon completion. Results download as a JSON file but can be easily converted into a csv via for instance by using this https://json-csv.com

Anonymized data will enter a database at Bucknell, and may be used for examination of demographic relationships to self-report of auditory imagery.  More information about  the scale development, and reliability and validity, can be found here:

Differences in Auditory Imagery Self-Report Predict Neural and Behavioral Outcomes

Note that this version of the scale has been constructed for populations in North America; however, versions have been used in the UK (with some modest changes) and I have versions in a few other languages as well. I would love to be informed if you use this in your research!

Andrea Halpern
Bucknell University