Subject: UK Acoustics Network
Date: 15-04-2019 14:10
From: Leslie Smith <l.s.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EAR-MAIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear all:

There is a UK Acoustics Network, see https://acoustics.ac.uk, funded by EPSRC. Currently, there’s nothing in it at all about what would be physiological and psychological acoustics in he ASA, that is acoustics related to hearing/listening, robotic hearing, hearing aids, physiology of hearing, hearing perception …

This is a UK-wide EPSRC funded network, which has some money for meetings etc. I am told by the Director, Prof Krill Horoshenkov, that this area might be of interest to them.

My question is: are there people (in the UK) who would be interested in forming a special interest group in this overall area, as part of this network.

If you are interested, can you email me please. (l.s.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I look forward to being snowed under with emails….

—Leslie Smith

Leslie Smith
l.s.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor of Computing (Emeritus),
Computing Science and Mathematics,
University of Stirling
Stirling FK9 4LA,
Scotland, UK
http://www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~lss
Office: +44 (0) 1786 467447
Lab: +44 (0) 1786 467449
Blog: https://lestheprof.com

Prof. Brian C. J. Moore, Ph.D., FMedSci, FRS, Dr. h.c.
Dept. of Experimental Psychology,
University of Cambridge,
Downing Street,
Cambridge CB2 3EB