[AUDITORY] post-docorate position availabe in Marseille (France)

Dear colleagues,

A *post-doctorate position* is available immediately in the group of Dr.
Arnaud Norena at Laboratory of *Integrative and Adaptive Neuroscience*,
CNRS-Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, France for a period of 2 years.

Our group is studying the auditory perception, the neural correlates of
auditory perception and the plasticity of auditory centers due to specific
acoustic environment or cochlear hearing loss. We have also a strong
interest on computational and theoretical neuroscience (neural coding and
system dynamics).

see the team's website at:
https://lnsc.fr/equipe/dynamique-neuronale-et-audition/

We are looking for a highly motivated candidates to be involved in a
project aimed at investigating the cortical plasticity triggered by
cochlear hearing loss (and potentially associated to tinnitus – “the
auditory phantom perception”) from multi-unit cortical recordings. The
project is also aimed at understanding further the molecular mechannisms of
plasticity, in particular those involved in the inhibitory neurotransmission.

We are looking for a candidate with experience in:

*central electrophysiology* with arrays of micro-electrodes
and/or optical imaging with voltage sensitive dye

*and/or strong background in neurophysiology and audition

*and/or signal processing, information theory and computational
   neuroscience

*programming skills in *Matlab* and/or *Python* are also highly
desirable

please contact arnaud norena at arnaud.norena@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
Arnaud Norena
- DIRECTEUR DE RECHERCHE 2ème classe CNRS