[AUDITORY] preferred perceptual tempo for musical stimuli?

Dear all,
I would be interested to know of studies that have investigated preferred perceptual tempo using musical excerpts as stimuli and/or method of adjustment.
There is a lot of research on preferred tempo in production; responses to stimuli at different tempi; and also  studies on preferred perceptual tempo - but as far as I can see these have been using metronome-like stimuli or very simple rhythms (such as the anapest rhythm used by Todd, Cousins & Lee https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/handle/1811/24478). I can perfectly see why clicks and simple rhythms simplifies the task immensely, but for a student project we need to use more musical stimuli. Any tips on studies using other approaches would therefore be gratefully appreciated.

Best,

/Sofia