[AUDITORY] Job opening at Yousician: Music transcription algorithm developer

Dear all,

We are looking for a music transcription algorithm developer to join our R&D team at Yousician in Helsinki, Finland.

Full job description can be found at: https://yousician.workable.com/j/B48901F37A
For convenience, I'm copying it as plain text below.

Applied research at Yousician covers a number of music content analysis topics. Besides music transcription, we work on the analysis of musical _expression_ and sectional structure, audio-to-score alignment, and musical score analysis, to mention a few.

Yousician is a rapidly growing music education company, with millions of users worldwide.
More about Yousician and our company culture: https://company.yousician.com/careers

Feel free to contact me directly for further details. Thanks and best regards,

Anssi Klapuri
CTO, Yousician

MUSIC TRANSCRIPTION ALGORITHM DEVELOPER

We are looking for a person with strong music content analysis skills and programming skills to join our R&D team as music transcription algorithm developer. Millions of people learn to play a musical instrument and create music with us. We have a strong commitment to R&D in order to push forward the technology that enables our services. Music transcription is a core part of that technology: extracting musical information both from complex real-world music recordings and from single-instrument performances by our users. The transcription encompasses harmonic analysis, melody and bass line extraction, musical _expression_ analysis, sectional structure, and beat tracking. You will be working closely with the rest of the R&D team and will interact with the product teams when integrating the technology into our products. You will be tackling hard problems in music signal analysis and have your code running on millions of devices.

WHAT YOU’LL DO:

- Develop machine learning algorithms for extracting musical information from real-world music recordings.
- Develop algorithms for analysing single-instrument performances for their tonal content, _expression_ and timing.
- Design and train statistical models and neural networks in Python.
- Implement the resulting algorithms in C++, using and extending our toolset for that.
- Work in a small team, taking ownership of important parts of our technology.

WHO YOU ARE:

- You have strong skills in music content analysis and/or machine learning.
- You love programming and have strong skills in Python and C++ (or C#).
- You learn fast and get things done.
- You have music signal processing experience.
- Experience on deep learning tools is a plus.

YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:

- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating, and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works, and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.

HOW TO APPLY:

- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 15.6.2017.
- Application deadline: At Yousician we continuously evaluate applications as they come in. Roles are kept open until we have found and hired a great candidate. This can sometimes take a few days, sometimes months. We encourage you to send your application once you have all the requested information and asked tasks compiled. Sending a "first version" and suggest to "update" it later, or postponing your application for too long is therefore not recommended.

ABOUT YOUSICIAN:

Yousician is a rapidly growing music education company, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech guitar, piano, bass and ukulele learning software that gives users real-time feedback on how they play. Yousician combines the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.

Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!