Senior multisite R&D Project Manager in sensor integration

Excuse for multiple postings.

Senior multisite R&D Project Manager in sensor integration

Oticon is seeking to fill a 36 months temporary position (with possibility for prolongation) as multisite Senior R&D Project Manager in sensor integration within an exciting and challenging project featuring extensive collaboration with external partners.

We are looking for a senior project manager that can head up our activities for a larger part of the sensor integration work. You will be part of the research and developing unit and report to the senior director of the unit. You will take responsibility of the hardware (HW) and software (SW) coordination in our sensor integration projects. You will work very closely with the collaborating partners in the project. Much effort and enthusiasm will go into working as one team across partners. It is a fantastic opportunity for joining a great team and ensure we bring out product to people that really makes a difference.

The ear may be the place for future sensor integration supporting intuitive man-machine communication. From the ear, we can pick up electrophysiologically the signals of the users intent. This may open up completely new ways of controlling and interfacing a device.

Recent studies have shown that the Electroencephalogram (EEG) can have applications in hearing instrumentation via EarEEG signals recorded from the ear canal. Our current research in this field aims at maturing EarEEG methods towards specified tasks/projects. In our EarEEG project, we are collaborating with leading universities on a global level, e.g. funded by the European Horizon 2020 program.

Join our international R&D team in Denmark as a senior project leader and help to bring technology to a new level. Oticon is a large, fast growing company in the medical-technical industry where our over 450 engineers are committed to deliver well-made, high tech solutions for hearing impaired people worldwide.

Senior R&D Project Leader

Your main tasks include:

·         Coordinate across external and internal partners

·         Be responsible for the coordination of HW and SW deliveries within the main project

·         Interface with university collaborators

·         Day to day project leadership of the research and development HW and SW deliveries

·         Facilitate scoping, planning, development and test coordination

·         Manage priorities, project risks and consolidated plan including risk and mitigation planning and milestone follow through

·         Ensure project documentation to meet requirements for high quality medtech application

You as a colleague

You will join a team of experienced and highly committed R&D teams and project members. You will contribute directly to our future opportunities as we develop hardware and software driven hearing solutions including sensors. You are delivery focused and very structured and achieve your goals within the given time and with the given functionality and quality. You are strong in communication across corporate cultures and are a team player and motivator for the teams. In other words, you need to be a convincing and diplomatic character. You have a background in Agile Project Management with experience in project management of larger complex projects with multiple dependencies in a research and development environment.

We expect you to hold a BSc or an MSc in Engineering and have some years of documented experience in managing cross-disciplinary and highly technical R&D projects. You have experience with management of complex projects with a high amount of dependencies. Preferably, you have worked project leading for 5+ years.

You will be part of a high performance team where your motivation and passion for our products and cutting-edge solutions will be highly valued. You are fluent in English, which is our corporate language.

We dare to make a difference

Together with your talented colleagues who take pride in making a difference, you will have the opportunity to put your mark on tomorrow's solutions. We are at the forefront of the latest technology, constantly working to improve hearing solutions for our users in order to strengthen and develop our business.

You will work in a growing international company with many opportunities for professional and personal development. You will be part of a dynamic environment built on trust and openness, where you will find a strong will to win.

Would you like to join the team?

Then send your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than xx 2016. We consider only candidates using the electronic recruitment system.

If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact [Name, role, phone].

We look forward to hearing from you.

About Oticon

500 million people worldwide suffer from hearing loss. It is Oticon's ambition that our customers - hearing clinics throughout the world - prefer to use our products for people with impaired hearing. Oticon is one of the two largest companies in the industry, and in Denmark all 1,300 employees, with passion, dedication and professional expertise, develop some of the most innovative hearing aids in the world. Oticon is an international growing company, and 98% of Group revenues is generated outside Denmark. We are part of William Demant Holding Group with more than 11,000 employees and revenues of over DKK 10 billion.

Thomas Lunner
Senior Scientist, Professor, PhD

Research Area Manager, Cognitive Hearing Science

Eriksholm Research Centre                    Linnaeus Centre HEAD

Rørtangvej 20                                                The Swedish Institute for Disability Research

3070 Snekkersten                                          Department of Behavioural Sciences and Learning

Denmark                                                       Linköping University

Direct:     +45 4829 8918                                 581 83 Linköping

Mobil:     +46 7093 81298                               Sweden

Email:     thlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                        Email: thomas.lunner@xxxxxx

Website: www.eriksholm.com

Eriksholm pursues audiological
discoveries with the potential to