IEEE AASP Challenge on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events 2016

Dear colleagues,

we are happy to announce the IEEE AASP Challenge on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events to take place in 2016. The scope of this evaluation is to compare different  approaches for computational scene analysis and event detection using a publicly available dataset and uniform metrics. This is the second edition of this challenge, following the success of first edition, DCASE 2013, that was concluded at WASPAA 2013.

You can find detailed information about the challenge on the website:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/sgn/arg/dcase2016/

We also have a forum for discussion, where you have the opportunity to influence the choice of metrics for evaluation and ranking of submission:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dcase-discussions

The tentative schedule of the challenge is as follows:

January 2016 	publication of database description and baseline systems
March 2016 	Confirmation of participation
June 2016 	Submission of results and technical report
September 2016 	Workshop, satellite of EUSIPCO 2016 (Budapest, Hungary)

For any further information do not hesitate to contact us at
dcasechallenge@xxxxxxxxx.

We are looking forward for your participation!

Best regards,
Annamaria Mesaros