New position: Senior Research Fellow for Eriksholm Resea rch Centre, Oticon A/S – Professor and/or Senior Scien tist

Senior Research Fellow for Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon A/S – Professor and/or Senior Scientist

Location

DK - Helsingør

The Eriksholm Research Centre, situated in Snekkersten, Denmark, is seeking to fill a vacant position of a Senior Research Fellow. Eriksholm Research Centre is part of Oticon A/S.

Learn more about Eriksholm Research Centre:
www.eriksholm.com

This full-time position (37 hours/week) is available from 1st April 2016. Salary will be according to qualifications and experience. You will be based at the Eriksholm Research Centre, Denmark, about 40 km north of Copenhagen. Here you will be part of the vibrant Eriksholm research team, driving cutting edge research for all divisions of William Demant.

About the position

We are seeking a Professor and/or Senior Scientist with a broad scientific competence and an interest in applied research and innovation. Eriksholm’s audiological research is focusing on three Megatrend areas: Advanced Algorithms (1), Brain Computer Interface (Cognition & Hearing) (2) and eHealth (3). The new research fellow should have strong experience and a proven record of accomplishment in at least one out of these three areas:

(1) In the field of Advanced Algorithms Eriksholm is developing technologies to restore hearing impairment to the best possible level, even under adverse and challenging listening conditions. Particularly the proverbial “Cocktail Party” challenge of competing voices, but also spatial hearing and “hidden hearing loss” are in our focus. Advanced digital signal processing and novel technologies like deep neural network are tools for our research.

(2) Recent studies have shown that the Electroencephalogram (EEG) can have applications in hearing instrumentation via EarEEG signals recorded from the ear canal. Our current research in this field aims at maturing EarEEG methods towards specified tasks. In our Ear-EEG projects we are collaborating with leading universities on a global level, e.g. funded by the European Horizon 2020 program.

(3) eHealth: The Internet of Things, Dr. Google, wearable sensors, Big Data are Megatrends driving big industries. At the Eriksholm Research Centre, we study and apply these technologies for future eHealth applications relevant for people with hearing impairment and their hearing care professionals. Our applications are evidence-based, clinically tested and aim at increasing the cost-effectiveness of hearing care.

Eriksholm’s research has a strong international track record in applied science. We closely collaborate with leading universities around the world for finding the best solutions for the hearing healthcare of the future. Our efforts aim at implementing clinical audiology solutions supported by electronic processes and communication. We focus on the needs of people with hearing impairment and their clinicians. Our research does not only generate publications and patents, but also transforms the clinical practice and the operations of large health care providers.

Your background

We are seeking candidates with a PhD degree in auditory neuroscience, experimental psychology and audiology, cognitive science, data science, physics, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related discipline, who have an excellent research and publication record. A strong interest in interdisciplinary and application-oriented work, familiarity with experimental and clinical work, as well as good English language skills are required. Apart from initiating cutting-edge research leading to journal publications, the experienced researcher is expected to be a part of the research group at Eriksholm and Oticon.

Want to join the Eriksholm Research Centre?

If this opportunity appeals to you, then submit your application as soon as possible and no later than 1st January 2016. Please include the following documents: Letter of motivation; CV including a list publications, and 2 -3 references (if possible).

If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Uwe A. Hermann, Head of Eriksholm on +45 4829 8930.

Please apply through our e-recruitment system by visiting our career site:
www.job.oticon.com

About Eriksholm

Eriksholm pursues audiological discoveries with the potential to significantly enhance end-user benefits in future hearing care. We work in close collaboration with academic research institutions, clinicians and end-users, and being part of Oticon ensures that our scientific insights are applied in solutions that empower people with hearing loss.

Thomas Lunner
Senior Scientist, Professor, PhD

Eriksholm Research Centre                    Linnaeus Centre HEAD

Rørtangvej 20                                                The Swedish Institute for Disability Research

3070 Snekkersten                                          Department of Behavioural Sciences and Learning

Denmark                                                       Linköping University

Direct:     +45 4829 8918                                 581 83 Linköping

Mobil:     +46 7093 81298                               Sweden

Email:     thlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                        Email: thomas.lunner@xxxxxx

Website: www.eriksholm.com