Reviews on the epidemology of tinnitus

Dear List

can anyone recommend sources/reviews that discuss not just the prevalence but also the "phenotypes" of tinnitus?
I would like to know not just how common tinnitus is, but also what sort of tinnitus percepts are typical or atypical in particular groups of individuals.

Am I right in thinking that tinnitus is in most cases tone-like, and only rarely noise-like?
What sort of pitches are common? What sort of pitches are rare? Is there a "typical" loudness?
Am I correct in thinking that tinnitus is almost always monaural?

Any recommendation of literature discussing such questions would be gratefully received.

Warm wishes,

Jan

--
Prof Jan Schnupp