Call for Proposals: SoundSoftware 2014 Workshop on Software and Data for Audio and Music

[Apologies for cross-posting. Please pass on to anyone who may be interested. Mark]

SoundSoftware 2014: Third Workshop on Software and Data for Audio and
Music Research

Queen Mary University of London, Tuesday 8 July 2014

    *** Call for Proposals ***

    Deadline: Fri 30 May 2014

Do you have a story to tell about the role of software or data in audio
and music research?

This one-day workshop invites speakers from across the audio and music
research community in academia and industry to tell their experiences of
software development, maintenance, reproducible research, research data,
open access, and any other related topics.

You can read the programmes from the 2012 and 2013 workshops here:

    * 2013: http://soundsoftware.ac.uk/soundsoftware2013
    * 2012: http://soundsoftware.ac.uk/soundsoftware2012

We are keen to broaden the range of presenters for the 2014 event in
terms of background and field of work. If you don't see your own
experiences represented in the past two years' programmes, please take
that as a positive sign and make a proposal!

    *** How to Submit ***

To propose a talk or demonstration, please simply send the following by email to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

 * Title
 * Author(s)
 * Abstract/description

Deadline: Fri 30 May 2014

    *** Workshop overview ***

Software and data have increasingly become an integral part of our
research in the audio and music community. In the process, the way that
we do research in this field is changing, with methods and software
becoming increasingly complex, and reliable datasets becoming
increasingly important.

The third SoundSoftware.ac.uk one-day workshop on Software and Data for
Audio and Music Research will include talks and discussions on issues
such as
robust software development for audio and music research, reproducible
research, management of research data, and open access.

While our project is concentrating on the audio and music research
community, we believe many of these issues will have wider interest, and
we want to link with other communities for which proper handling of
research software and data are important.

The workshop will take place on Tuesday, 8 July 2014 at Queen Mary,
University of London.

    *** Registration ***

Workshop registration is free. To register visit:

  http://www.eventbrite.com/e/soundsoftware-workshop-2014-tickets-11733734917

----

Chris Cannam and Mark Plumbley
SoundSoftware.ac.uk