microphone sterilization question

Hi,

  I have an unusual question.  In order to make some acoustic measurements inside a ‘clean’ facility on my campus I will need to have all of my equipment sterilized, including my B&K mics (1/4” Type 4938).  For sensitive equipment (such as a microphone) a dry application of chlorine dioxide gas will be used for the sterilization.  Does anybody have any experience with this?  And should I be concerned about my microphones?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel J. Tollin, PhD

Assistant Professor

University of Colorado School of Medicine

Department of Physiology and Biophysics/Mail Stop 8307

Research Complex 1-N, Rm 7106

12800 East 19th Ave

PO Box 6511

Aurora, CO 80045