Re: .mov --> .mpeg --> DVD conversion

Dear Mary,

Unless your DVD player is a recent model that can play all types of
files, you will have to feed him a disk respecting the DVD-Video
standard, which is in short a special filesystem with a VIDEO_TS
folder filled with a lot of strange .VOB files. What you need is an
authoring tool, that will automatically create a compatible video
disc. I do not know which OS you are using. Under Windows I have been
using Nero Vision Express, which is not free but works in a fast and
easy manner for beginners. You might be able to find freeware
authoring tools for your operating system. If after proper authoring
nevertheless you are still unable to read the disk, you want to try a
different type of blank-DVD, since some dvd players sometimes work
better with one type than with another (ie try us a DVD-R instead of a
DVD+R or vice versa).

Hope that helps,

Regards

Alexandre Lehmann