Forum Acusticum 2011 abstract deadline soon!

Dear colleague,

It is with great pleasure that we hereby invite you to submit your abstracts
for the Forum Acusticum 2011 - the triennial European conference of the
European Acoustics Association (EAA), which will take place in Aalborg, Denmark
from June 27 to July 1, 2011 (Previous Forum Acusticums were organized in
- 1996: Antwerp, Belgium,
- 1999: Berlin, Germany (jointly with ASA and DEGA),
- 2002: Sevilla, Spain,
- 2005: Budapest, Hungary,
- 2008: Paris, France (jointly with ASA and SFA)).

The Forum Acusticum embraces all fields of acoustics, and the technical program
will among other include the following keynote lectures:

ROOM AND BUILDING ACOUSTICS: What do we know in room acoustics?
by Michael Vorländer, RWTH Aachen University, Germany

COMPUTATIONAL ACOUSTICS: Modern Numerical Methods to Solve Real Life Acoustic Problems
by Otto von Estorff, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany

PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PHYSIOLOGICAL ACOUSTICS: Pitch
by Alain de Cheveigne, CNRS, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Université Paris Descartes,
and University College London

NOISE: Reduction of Tyre/Road Noise ? A complex challenge needing technological development
by Wolfgang Kropp, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden

MUSICAL ACOUSTICS: Modeling and simulation of musical instruments
by Antoine Chaigne, ENSTA ParisTech, France

ULTRASOUND: Laser Ultrasonics: Recent Achievements and Perspectives
by Vitalyi Gusev, Université du Maine, France

HYDROACOUSTICS:
by Henrik Schmidt, Laboratory of Autonomous Marine Sensing Systems, MIT.

OTHER TOPICS: Advanced statistical analysis of perceptual audio evaluation data
by Per Brockhoff,  Technical University of Denmark, Denmark

The technical program will also include invited and contributed papers in structured
parallel sessions and poster presentations. During the past months many proposals for
structured sessions have been accepted, and we now hereby invite abstracts for these
sessions, as well as for all other scientific areas of the Forum Acusticum in general.
If you have been invited to participate in a given structured session, we kindly ask
that you indicate that session as the area of you submission. We also welcome
submissions within the general EAA TC areas (capital letters in the list), and in the
field of acoustics generally.

Abstracts shall be of 100 to 250 words, and the deadline for abstracts is January 9th 2011.
Notification of acceptance will be given by February 21st 2011, and the deadline for the
four-page conference papers is March 21st 2011.

The EAA offers free participation for a total of 10 East European Ph.D. students. Detailed
instructions for this will be posted on the conference website soon, but please tick the box
of 'EAA grant applicant', when submitting your abstract, if you intend to apply for free
participation through the EAA.

Information for exhibitors and sponsors will soon follow. If you wish to be notified
directly on options for the exhibition, booth sizes, prices etc., then please send your
contact information to <exhibition@xxxxxxxxxx>.

We hope that the Forum Acusticum conference will be a fruitful meeting point for researchers
and practitioners dealing with all fields of acoustics and sound-related research.

Welcome to Forum Acusticum 2011 in Denmark!

Ville Pulkki, Sessions Chairman

Flemming Christensen, General Secretary

Dorte Hammershøi, General Chairman