Cultural consonance

Thanks.

Dissonance has 'at least' two meanings in music. As I understand it, your reference is to a "metric" measure (sensory consonance). [I often wondered what the difference would be between a 'musical tone', and a 'non-musical tone'.) Would non-musical tones look like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRS13e5R8GI (speaking of NIHL).

My references are to the [possible ?] language-based relationships of [psychometric], culturally-based concepts of dissonance.

In western music [sic], which harmonic interval is more dissonant: an equally-tempered minor third, or a perfect fourth. The third is an imperfect consonance in relation to the [11th century] perfection of the perfect fourth.

In mid-40s jazz, the harmonic interval of the major seventh is a consonance. It is stable; one of the  definitions of dissonance being 'requiring resolution'. This definition, used in music theory class, is language specific. In teaching counterpoint, the consonant intervals are the unison, third, fifth, sixth and octave.

Ooops, sorry let me correct that, as this is not true in cases like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSOd_v2hK9k
Schoenberg's Op 19 dissonances are contextual, and, in my experience, dependent upon the learning, memory and perception of the listener.

Kevin