From:         Christian Borss <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: need recommendation on PC sound card

Am 21. Feb. 2010 um 19:12 Uhr schrieb G. Robert Arrabito: > I did a quick search on the last two years of the auditory mailing list > archives on pc sound card recommendations and didn't find much on the > topic so hence my post to the list. I am looking for recommendations for > an internal PC high quality sound card that will be used to output > auditory stimuli in my experiments. That depends on your - system architecture - operating system - number of input/output channels - kind of interfaces (analog/digital...) - budget - ... . In our lab we have good experience with RME Multiface sound cards[1]. > Would also be nice if there is an accompanying software development > kit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks. A sound card shouldn't require a special SDK. Instead, use one of the sound APIs of your operating system. If you are using Linux, use ALSA[2]

// Sal Aguinaga
// Staff HW/SW Engineer
// Northwestern University