Re: F0 estimation software

Dear Jeremy,

I suggest you use SWIPE' [1] to estimate pitch and its companion
TS2means [2] to distinguish between pitched and unpitched regions.
Matlab code for both of them can be found at
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~acamacho/publications. The advantages of the
use of SWIPE' vs.  autocorrelation, SHS (both as implemented in
Praat), YIN, TEMPO, and others in terms of gross error rates are
documented in [1].

Arturo

[1] Camacho, A., Harris, J. G. (2008). “A sawtooth waveform inspired
pitch estimator for speech and music,” Journal of the Acoustical
Society of America, vol. 124, pp. 1638-1652.

[2] Camacho, A. (2008). “Detection of Pitched/Unpitched Sound Using
Pitch Strength Clustering,” Proceedings of the Ninth International
Conference on Music Information Retrieval, Philadelphia, pp. 533-537.