Von: emad.burke@xxxxxxxxx
Datum: 23.05.2010 04:18
An: <reinifrosch@xxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: comparing cochlear models ?

Dear Reinhart,
Thanks a lot for the reference and I appreciate all the other usefull comments too.
Best
Emad.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:14 PM, reinifrosch@xxxxxxxxxx<reinifrosch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Emad,

I like the cochlear model of Paul Kolston, described in his paper "The importance of phase data and model dimensionality to cochlear mechanics", Hear. Res. 145 (2000) 25-36. In his Fig. 8, Kolston proves that his model is good by showing that it correctly predicts two experimental functions of distance-from-base: 1) the BM velocity at given sine-tone frequency, and 2) the corresponding phase. The agreement of such theoretical curves with experimental data can be quantified by chi-squared, i.e. by the sum of

[(f_theo-f_exper)/df_exper]^2, taken over all experimental values of the function f_exper; df_exper is the experimental uncertainty of f_exper.

With best wishes,

Reinhart.