Re: Training software

Dear Srikanta,

We have developed a software that in theory should allow to train children on a wide range of acoustic (not phonetic) discriminations using variants of the XAB paradigm.

It runs on Matlab and we're happy to share it, but it hasn't been tested yet for anything but frequency discrimination.

You can download it from http://cs.haifa.ac.il/courses/projects/ under finished projects, third line under the first header (sorry, this page is in Hebrew but everything else is English) or contact me off the list.

Best,

Karen

=======================================
Karen Banai, Ph.D.
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
University of Haifa
Eshkol Building, room 807
Haifa, Israel

Mishra, Srikanta wrote:

Dear All,
I am looking for a free or commercial training software, that can be used for a wide range of (user-controlled) acoustic/phonetic contrasts in NORMAL hearing children.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Srikanta Mishra.