Pure-Tone Frequency Discrimination

Dear List,
       I'm interested in finding out the Pitch & Music perception abilities in Normals & Hearing Impaired. So, one of our experiment consisted of Pure-Tone Freq Discrimination task and I was confused about the selection of frequencies between 200Hz,400 Hz,800 Hz,1600 Hz & 3200 Hz and the traditional 500 Hz,1kHz & 2KHz. Could anyone tell me what is the rational/advantage in selecting specific frequencies over other frequencies for pitch & music perception experiments.

Thanks
Vijay

Vijay Mohan Raaja.M

PhD(Audiology) Student