Re: A question on Bekesy.

Hallo David !

I agree now; see my recent answer to Harriet Jacobster.

In an off-line message to me, Andrew Bell appears to have solved
the problem:

"[...] elswhere he [Bekesy] talks about endolymph having a very high
viscosity (in his preparations)." I am convinced, however,
that the normal viscosity of endolymph is similar to that of water,
as you wrote earlier today.

Now, a new problem: Human BM stiffness versus distance from base.
Recently I attempted to calculate that function, using the
Greenwood human cochlear map. My results for the stiffness differed
from Bekesy's Fig. 11-73, but for x < 20 mm agreed well with the exponential
function used by de Boer (1996) in his Chapter of the book "The Cochlea",
Springer, New York.

Reinhart.