Re: announcement : free MATLAB Loudness Toolbox

Dear Bruno,

I don't know if I really understood the meaning of your question, but here is what I can tell:
- most of the functions in the toolbox need a Matlab vector as input, corresponding to a signal in Pascal (in order to not be limited to a particular file format and calibration issues). It means that calibration should have been done before the call to the function, if it comes from a Wav file the user should know it,
- concerning the WAV files provided as examples in the toolbox, they have a calibration factor of 1, meaning that wav data are directly in Pa. If you run the Loudness_Validation.m function, it will compute of your PC the figures and plots provided in the file Validation_of_loudness_algorithms-LoudnessToolbox.pdf.

Hope I answered to some of your questions.

Stéphane

Stéphane MOLLA

Stéphane MOLLA

LEA Product Manager / Research Engineer