Online survey on musicians' use of the notion of musical shapes

Message sent on behalf of Helen Daynes and Dan Leech-Wilkinson

Are you an experienced musical performer of professional or near-professional standards?

Can you spare 30 minutes of your time to help us with our research?

We are researching the ways in which experienced performers use the idea of 'shape' when thinking about or performing music (or don't use it, as the case may be). We'd like to gain an initial idea of performers' views through an online questionnaire, and we'd be extremely grateful if you could spare some time to reply to it. We need as many views as possible, from the widest variety of expert performers. Everything you say will be kept absolutely confidential and will be made anonymous as part of the data collection process.

Please click on the link below, which will provide you with more information and take you on to the survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/music_and_shape_questionnaire

If you know of any expert performers who might be interested in responding to this questionnaire, we'd be very grateful if you'd pass this information on to them.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Helen Daynes and Dan Leech-Wilkinson

Dr Helen Daynes
Research Assistant