Re: Auditory illusion sound example links

Interesting to start to analyse how people respond to such rhythms.
Here's some SuperCollider code (and an MP3 example) I wrote in 2006 which implements the Risset accelerando:

http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de/MusicTechnology/826

Dan

Guy Madison wrote:
Dear list,

I have had a number of requests for links to the sound examples related to

Madison, G. (2009). An auditory illusion of infinite tempo change based on multiple temporal levels. PLoS ONE. 4(12), e8151. _http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0008151_

Apparently, many have had problems accessing the sound examples the normal way, which is to browse down the article page to the section “Supporting information” and click on the links labeled “Audio S1” through “Audio S4”.

Another way could be to access the file URL directly. I simply copied the sound file URLs, and I have tested that it works to paste them in the address field, which brings up the download dialog directly. So have a try with:

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchSingleRepresentation.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0008151.s003

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchSingleRepresentation.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0008151.s004

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchSingleRepresentation.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0008151.s005

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchSingleRepresentation.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0008151.s006