Re: auditory hemi-neglect

Dear Peter, Dennis et al,

You might be interested in our recently published article:

Deouell, L. Y., Deutsch, D., Scabini, D., Soroker, N., and Knight, R. T. No disillusions in Auditory Extinction: Perceiving a Melody Comprised of Unperceived Notes. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 2008, Volume 1, article 15, 1 - 6 [Web Link]

The study used the scale illusion:

Deutsch, D. Two-channel listening to musical scales . JASA, 1975, 57, 1156-1160. [PDF Document] [Web Link]  to demonstrate in two patients with auditory neglect that the source of their neglect was high-level rather than based on ear of input. I'd be happy to send a PDF to anyone who's interested.

Cheers,

Diana

Professor Diana Deutsch
Department of Psychology