Re: auditory hemi-neglect

Peter:

You might also want to look into Sophie Scott's research at UCL. I distinctly remember a paper of hers (It might have been in an edited book) in which she showed unilateral auditory neglect using a dichotic method. However, I cannot find the reference on her web site now.

--Bruno

Peter Lennox wrote:
Ah! that's excellent, thanks - I always thought that there would turn out to be some analogue. The next step would be to turn up an analogue for blindsight

Dr. Peter Lennox
S.P.A.R.G.
Signal Processing Applications Research Group
University of Derby
http://sparg.derby.ac.uk Int. tel: 3155
"Dennis P. Phillips" <Dennis.Phillips@xxxxxx> 04/24/08 1:58 PM >>>
Hello Everyone:

This is a followup to Peter Lennox's post of this morning, which prompted the question of whether there is significant evidence for auditory hemi-neglect. There are some older case studies which describe what might be an auditory analog of visual hemi-neglect. See, for example, KM Heilman & E Valenstein (1972, Auditory neglect in man. Arch Neurol., 26: 32-35). Apparently, work on the topic is ongoing. See L Spierer et al. (2007, Extinction of auditory stimuli in hemineglect: Space versus ear. Neuropsychologia, 45: 540-551). I hope that this helps. Kind wishes,

Dennis

--
Bruno H. Repp
Haskins Laboratories 300 George Street