speech degradation in a GSM network transmission

Hi list,

I want to introduce some artificial degradation to a speech signal in order to simulate speech degradation in a GSM network transmission.

The addition of a background noise seems to be simple but I don't know which type or noise distribution I have to use.

I want also introduce frequency degradation and I have no idea about the way this must be done.

Can anyone advice me or send me some documentations about this topic?

Best Regards.

F.B.A.